2017 Land Rover Discovery vs. 2017 Lexus GX
2017 Lexus GX
The 2017 Land Rover Discovery and the 2017 Lexus GX are both great examples of how much luxury SUVs have to offer. But while both are impressive compared to most, the Discovery is more impressive in a head-to-head comparison. Decide if it’s the right new SUV for you at Land Rover Fort Myers.
Even in a high-end vehicle, cost is an important factor to consider:
- Land Rover Discovery: MSRP starting at $49,990
- Lexus GX: MSRP starting at $51,280
If you are looking for the kind of performance that does not force you to make comprises, you will likely prefer the 2017 Land Rover Discovery:
- Land Rover Discovery: The standard engine is a 3.0L V6 engine that puts out 340 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque. It is paired with a refined eight-speed automatic transmission that can drive the SUV from 0-60 mph in a quick 6.9 seconds. You also have the option to drive with a diesel version of the same engine that drops horsepower to 254 but boosts torque output to 443 lb-ft.
- Lexus GX: A 4.6L V8 engine powers all trims, but despite its larger size it can only produce 301 hp and 329 lb-ft of torque. It is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission and takes 7.2 seconds to reach 60 mph from a standstill.
A big part of the appeal of a larger SUV is that you can carry a lot of cargo when necessary. You will find a lot more room to work with in the 2017 Land Rover Discovery:
- Land Rover Discovery: The cabin can hold 82.7 cubic feet of cargo overall.
- Lexus GX: You are limited to only 64.7 cubic feet of space for gear.
The 2017 Land Rover Discovery comes with impressive features to help you break free of the pavement:
- Land Rover Discovery: All trims come with hill descent control to help you handle steep grades, hill start assist to get this big vehicle moving, roll stability control to keep you on four wheels, and a terrain response system to help you optimize vehicle output when you’re on the toughest trails.
- Lexus GX: This model claims to offer impressive off-road capabilities, but it does not come standard with any of the features mentioned above.
The 2017 Land Rover Discovery Impresses on All Fronts
Discover the Discovery at Land Rover Fort Myers located at 15875 S. Tamiami Trail in Fort Myers, FL. We are the region’s leading source for Land Rover models, and our dealership is easy to reach from anywhere in the area by taking I-75 to Exit 128. If you have questions, please contact us.