2017 Land Rover Discovery vs. 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
The 2017 Land Rover Discovery and the 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee are two of the only SUVs that offer true off-road capabilities in a genuinely up-scale package. But if your goal is to get the best of both qualities, the Land Rover Discovery is the clear leader. Find out how they compare head-to-head below, then make plans to tour and test drive the Land Rover Discovery at Land Rover Fort Myers.
The 2017 Land Rover Discovery comes standard with the kind of muscular power you’re looking for in an SUV:
- Land Rover Discovery: The standard engine is a 3.0L V6 that delivers 340 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque. There is also a diesel engine available that gives you enough pulling power to handle loads up to 8,200 pounds.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee: The base trim is equipped with a 3.5L V6 that is only able to muster 295 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque. No matter which engine option you choose, towing capacity does not exceed 7,400 pounds.
If you regularly travel regularly with a lot of cargo, whether it be groceries, sporting equipment, luggage, or outdoor gear, the 2017 Land Rover Discovery provides you with much more space:
- Land Rover Discovery: You’ll have 45.0 cubic feet of space behind the second row of seating, which lets you carry a lot of cargo while every seat is occupied. With the rear seat folded down, the space available to you balloons to 82.7 cubic feet.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee: The cramped dimensions of this model give you just 36.3 cubic feet of space behind the second row of seats, and 68.3 cubic feet of space overall. That could force you to leave something behind – something you own’t have to worry about in the Discovery.
The 2017 Land Rover Discovery is a true luxury SUV, with every trim boasting some of the most advanced technologies in the industry:
- Land Rover Discovery: Even the introductory trim is equipped with an 8-inch touchscreen display that incorporates navigation assistance and plentiful infotainment options. This same trim also comes with a 190W 10-speaker stereo, and a mobile app that lets you monitor your vehicle remotely and access other special features on the road.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee: On the base trim, you will find a 5-inch touchscreen with a limited range of features and no integrated options for navigation. The standard stereo has just six speakers, and you can’t use your phone to aid your experience.
The 2017 Land Rover Discovery Excels and Excites
If you think that the 2017 Land Rover Discovery is the ideal choice for your next SUV, then check it out in person at Land Rover Fort Myers, located at 15875 S. Tamiami Trail in Fort Myers, FL. Reach us from anywhere in the surrounding area by taking I-75 North to Exit 128, and please contact us with any questions.